We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Want to know the best Shampoo for Hard Water Shower? Remove buildup in the first wash!
Can the best shampoo for hard water live up to its advertisement and get rid of mineral buildup?
If you’re like me, then you’ve probably experienced the struggle of trying to keep your hair healthy while living in a city with hard water.
Hard water can be tough on your hair, leaving it feeling dry and brittle.
The best shampoo for hard water showers helps to eliminate buildup. The selected shampoos have natural ingredients that help remove dirt, oil, and product buildup from the scalp and hair.
13 best shampoo for hard water buildup
Are you in a hurry? Here are the links to our top picks for the best shampoo for hard water:
- Amika the kure bond repair shampoo
- Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo
- Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Shampoo
- Redken Bonding Shampoo for Damaged Hair Repair
- Dove Shampoo for Oily Hair Clarify
- SACHAJUAN Sachajuan Scalp Shampoo
- Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo
- R+Co Oblivion Clarifying Shampoo
- OUAI Detox Shampoo Clarifying Cleanse for Hard Water Buildup
- 911 Quinoa Shampoo for Dry, Lifeless, and Damaged Hair
- Davines OI Shampoo | Nourishing Shampoo for All Hair Types
- BIOLAGE Normalizing Clean Reset Shampoo
- Tea Tree Special Shampoo, For All Hair Types
The best shampoo for hard water
Discover the best shampoos so you can start using them to change the way your hair looks and feels.
What is hard water?
Technically, hard water isn’t harmful to your health, but it can do a number on your hair when taking a shower. When hard water comes into contact with your hair, it can cause your hair to become dry and brittle.
Hard water is simply water that contains high minerals, such as calcium and magnesium. These minerals come from various sources, but the most common is from water flow from old steel pipes.
Soap scum is another common problem caused by hard water. This happens when the minerals in hard water react with the soap to form a scummy residue.
Contaminants That Cause Hard Water
- Calcium: Cause blockage at the root of your hair, resulting in hair breakage.
- Sulfates: Removes natural oils from the hair strands.
- Magnesium: It leaves your hair dull and lifeless.
- Copper: Causes hair discoloration.
- Iron: It reduces the amount of moisture in your hair, leaving it dry.
1. Amika the kure bond repair shampoo
If you live in an area with hard water, you know the challenges of keeping your hair clean and healthy. That’s where Amika the Kure bond repair shampoo, comes in.
This powerful cleaning shampoo removes all traces of dirt, oil, and product buildup, leaving your hair feeling clean and revitalized.
Because it’s formulated for hard water, it won’t strip your hair of its natural moisture. So if you’re looking for a shampoo that can help you get the most out of your hair care routine, look no further than Amika the Kure bond repair shampoo.
- Gentle enough for daily use.
- It removes all traces of dirt, oil, and buildup.
- Leaves hair feeling clean and revitalized.
- Some users felt that the scent was too strong.
2. Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo
Are you’re looking for the best shampoo for hard water and dry hair, look no further than Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo.
This genital hair wash is enriched with keratin protein, coconut oil, and argan oil, which helps repair damaged hair and encourages a healthier look and feel. Because it’s phosphate, sulfate, and paraben-free, it won’t strip your hair of its natural oil and moisture.
Use it regularly to restore elasticity to your hair, and you’ll see a noticeable difference instantly. Trust us; this is one shampoo that’s worth the investment!
- Enriched with keratin protein and argan oil.
- It encourages healthier hair.
- Phosphate, sulfate, and paraben-free.
- Some users felt that it was too expensive.
3. Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Shampoo
Curly hair is unique and beautiful, but it can also be hard to manage when the buildup is present. One of the biggest challenges is finding a hard water shampoo that works.
Many products claim to remove minerals and buildups, but they don’t always live up. Malibu C Hard Water Shampoo gets the job done.
It naturally removes harsh minerals, calcium, copper, and iron from the hair to restore body, shine, and bounce.
It’s also vegan and cruelty-free, so you can feel good about using it. The Malibu C hair wash is sulfate-free, paraben-free, and gluten-free, gentle on your hair.
If you’re looking for a hard water shampoo that will make a difference in your hair, look no further than Malibu C.
- It eliminates buildup from hard water.
- Restores body, shine, and bounce to hair.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Sulfate-free, paraben-free, and gluten-free.
- Some users felt that it didn’t lather well.
4. Redken Bonding Shampoo for Damaged Hair Repair
If you’re looking for a hard water shampoo that will hydrate and strengthen your kinky hair, look no further than Redken Bonding Shampoo for Damaged Hair Repair.
As you know, hard water can wreak havoc on your hair, leaving it feeling stripped and lifeless. But with the right shampoo, you can restore moisture and shine.
The Redken All Soft Shampoo is packed with aloe vera and Sacha Inchi Oil that nourish black hair. Its system features a moisture complex with argan oil to detangle, moisturize, soften, and add shine to dry, brittle hair.
Plus, the hard water shampoo is specially formulated to remove buildup from hard water minerals. So if you’re looking for a hard water shampoo that will hydrate and revitalize your black hair, give Redken’s All Soft Mega a try!
- Hydrates and strengthens kinky hair.
- Packed with aloe vera and Sacha Inchi Oil.
- Moisture complex with argan oil detangles, softens, and adds shine.
- Formulated to remove buildup from hard water minerals.
- Some people say it cause itching
5. Dove Shampoo for Oily Hair Clarify & Hydrate With Charcoal to Purify Hair and Remove Build-up
Dove Clarify & Hydrate Shampoo is one of the best shampoos for dry and frizzy hair, and it is also the best shampoo for dry scalp and dandruff.
When using Dove shampoo, harsh water will no longer be a problem for your hair. The added conditioner will hydrate and nourish your hair, leaving it looking and feeling great.
This hair rinse contains charcoal powder, which cleanses hair deeply, purifies it, and removes product buildup without damaging it.
Additionally, Dove Clarify & Hydrate Shampoo works to hydrate and clarify your hair, making it soft and easy to manage. It also has a refreshing scent that leaves your hair smelling great all day long.
The Dove Clarifying shampoo protects your hair from damage caused by hard water and leaves it looking healthy and beautiful. When you purchase the Dove shampoo, you can be sure that your hair will thank you!
- Deeply cleanses and purifies hair.
- It contains charcoal powder to remove product buildup.
- Hydrates and clarifies hair.
- Refreshing scent.
- It protects hair from damage caused by hard water.
- Some users felt that it wasn’t as refreshing as they thought.
6. SACHAJUAN Sachajuan Scalp Shampoo
Sachajuan’s Scalp Shampoo is a clarifying wash that helps to remove dandruff and combat scalp irritation. The hair wash contains a blend of Piroctone Olamine and Climbazole, which helps to soothe the scalp.
The wash has rosemary oil, menthol, salicylic acid, and ginger extract. These work together to help keep a healthy moisture balance and leave hair smelling and feeling fresh.
Sachajuan’s Scalp Shampoo is ideal for people with oily scalp or dandruff. The hair wash is suitable for men and women with straight or kinky hair.
The lactic acid in the scrub helps regulate grease production, while the salicylic acid gently sheds dead skin, promoting new cell growth. This is the best shampoo for hard water because it helps to remove buildup from hard water minerals.
- It has a blend of Piroctone Olamine and Climbazole to help remove dandruff.
- Ideal for people with oily scalp or dandruff.
- Salicylic acid gently sheds dead skin cells.
- Some people complain about it overdrying their hair.
7. Oribe Gold Lust Repair & Restore Shampoo
Are you looking for an excellent shampoo to help you with hard water? Oribe Gold Lust shampoo might be the one for you!
It’s formulated with cypress, argan, and maracuja oils, which are known for their healing properties. The Oribe hard water shampoo also contains a bio-restorative complex that works to repair the scalps and strengthen hair strands.
This hair scrub also protects hair from damage and restores moisture, so your hair looks healthy. Plus, it’s great for coarse or 4c hair types!
So if you’re searching for a good shampoo that can help you with hard water, Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo is for you. Give it a try and see for yourself!
- Formulated with cypress, argan, and maracuja oils.
- It has a bio-restorative complex that repairs the scalp.
- It protects hair from harsh water buildups.
- Some people say it doesn’t lather well.
8. R+Co Oblivion Clarifying Shampoo
Do you find your hair looking dull and colorless? Do you have frizzy hair that’s difficult to manage? If you answered yes to either of these questions, you need to try Oblivion Shampoo.
This gentle cleansing shampoo is perfect for daily use and will remove all the buildup from your hair, leaving it feeling soft and silky. The key ingredients in Oblivion Shampoo are rosemary leaf extract, amino acids, coconut oil, and witch hazel.
These ingredients work to purify your hair, remove unwanted buildup, and increase moisture retention. As a result, your hair will look shiny and healthy. So don’t wait any longer; try Oblivion Shampoo today!
- Gentle cleansing shampoo.
- It removes all buildup from hair.
- Key ingredients include rosemary leaf extract and amino acids.
- The scent is a little weak for some people.
9. OUAI Detox Shampoo Clarifying Cleanse for Hard Water Buildup
If you’re reading this article, it is because you’re probably dealing with hard water. Hard water buildup can cause your hair to feel dry, itchy, and challenging to manage.
The OUAI Detox Shampoo is a clarifying shampoo that helps to remove hard water buildup, leaving your hair feeling soft and healthy. It is gentle enough not to strip your natural hair of its oils.
The shampoo contains chelating agents that help remove calcium buildup, plus hydrolyzed keratin which helps your hair look vibrant and shiny.
The best part about this shampoo is that it only takes 1 to 3 minutes to work! So if you’re looking for a way to remove hard water buildup, Ouai Detox Shampoo is the way to go.
- It contains chelating agents to remove calcium buildup.
- Hydrolyzed keratin helps your hair look shiny and vibrant.
- Gentle enough to not strip natural hair oils.
- Some people find the hair cleaner leaves their hair feeling heavy.
10. 911 Quinoa Shampoo for Dry, Lifeless, and Damaged Hair
Are you looking for the best daily shampoo to help you get rid of hard water buildup? If so, you’ll want to check out the 911 Quinoa Shampoo.
It is enriched with pure quinoa extracts and vitamin E, which work together to revive lifeless hair. The 911 Quinoa Shampoo is also sulfate-free and doesn’t contain any parabens.
Plus, the 911 Quinoa Shampoo is also cruelty-free, meaning it’s not tested on animals.
So if you’re looking for a gentle, restorative shampoo that can help you get rid of hard water buildup, the 911 Quinoa Shampoo is worth checking out!
- Enriched with pure quinoa extracts and vitamin E.
- Sulfate-free and doesn’t contain any parabens.
- Cruelty-free and does not test on animals.
- Some people say it makes their hair greasy.
11. Davines OI Shampoo | Nourishing Shampoo for All Hair Types
If you go swimming often, you know that hard water can cause your hair to feel terrible. Between the buildup of minerals on your scalp and the drying effect of chlorine, it’s no wonder your hair feels dry and lifeless.
The Davines OI Shampoo is a nourishing shampoo that helps to remove hard water buildup, plus it also contains organic ingredients like oat milk and shea butter.
The OI Shampoo also has Roucou oil, which helps to eliminate the effects of hard water, leaving your hair soft, silky, and healthy.
You will no longer have to worry about swimmers’ hair with the Davines OI Shampoo!
- Davine Nourishing shampoo helps to remove hard water buildup.
- It contains organic ingredients like oat milk and shea butter.
- Roucou oil helps to eliminate the effects of hard water.
- A little on the expensive side.
12. BIOLAGE Normalizing Clean Reset Shampoo
Looking for a gentle, cleansing shampoo that won’t strip your hair of its natural oils? Look no further than the Biolage Normalizing CleanReset Shampoo.
This paraben-free formula contains refreshing Lemongrass extract to cleanse all hair types without drying them out. It also helps remove buildup and impurities from fine, damaged, coarse, curly, wavy, and straight hair.
Plus, the lovely scent of Lemongrass will leave your hair smelling fresh and clean all day long! Just beware that this shampoo does contain some sulfate, so it’s not the best option if you’re trying to avoid sulfates in your hair care products.
Otherwise, the BIOLAGE Normalizing Clean Reset Shampoo is a great option for anyone looking for a deep cleansing shampoo that won’t strip their hair!
- Deep cleanses all hair types without drying it out.
- It will help remove buildup and impurities.
- It leaves hair smelling fresh and clean all day long.
- Contains some sulfate
13. Tea Tree Special Shampoo, For All Hair Types
When you’re looking for a versatile hair was that cleans and protects your hair from hard water, you need the Tea Tree Special Shampoo.
This hair cleanser contains Tea Tree oil, peppermint, and lavender – all known for their invigorating and refreshing properties. It also smells great and leaves your hair looking shiny.
- Color Safe
You can rest assured that this shampoo will take care of your hair and give it the nourishment it needs to look and feel its best!
- It has Tea Tree oil, peppermint, and lavender.
- Smells great and leaves your hair looking shiny.
- Paraben-Free, Vegan, Color Safe.
- Some people say it dries their hair out.
Last thought about Best Shampoo for Hard Water
The best shampoo for hard water buildup is the one that gently removes the buildup without stripping your hair of its natural oils.
We’ve rounded up 13 of the best shampoos for hard water so that you can find the perfect one for your hair type and needs.
Do you have a favorite shampoo brand? Maybe you’ve found the perfect hard water shampoo that we didn’t include on our list?
Let us know in the comments below! Please like, share, and subscribe to Afrocurlsandcuts.com!
Don’t forget to read: